Wednesday 11 April 2018

Getting to know each other

Claudio Telha M. is the only son of my parents. Unfortunately, my father passed away some years ago after a sudden disease, but my mother is alive and kicking, healthy and smiling. My father came from Europe after World War II and my mother travelled from Chiloé to Santiago where they met and  got married. This information may be irrelevant to you, but to me it meant to grow up without uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, granparents and so on....

When I was a teenager, I enjoyed going to the cinema, hanging out with my few, but good friends, collecting stamps, reading books and magazines....

I studied in Liceo Valentín Letelier and then I went to the university (Universidad de Chile)  where I enjoyed wonderful moments. I became a teacher of English--both social and scientific English. There I met the girl of my life, we got married and after a couple of years we became parents of a son and a daughter. My son is an engineer, lives in Brussels, Belgium, and is engaged with a Romanian girl;  my daughter is also an engineer now happily married; my son-in-law is an engineer as well; they live in Santiago.

I started giving classes of English in the Fac. of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences quite a long time ago. For about forty years I have been giving classes of Scientific English and from time to time Social English as well.

As I said above, as a single son, I have no brothers nor sisters, but now  I have my wife's relatives,  my son-in-law's relatives, Faculty friends and a large number of students who have been under my care along all these years, who have become, in a way, part of my family as well.

Now it's your turn:


Tell me about you; include information such as birthplace, studies, family, hobbies, ...
Include image(s) or photograph(s)

Number of words: 120 (minimun)
Make comments on 3 of your classmates' posts and a comment on the teacher's post.

47 comments:

  1. I also like to read books, one of my favourite books is "Brave new World", what is yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Camilo,
      Depending on the kind of reading: The Da Vinci Code was a success some years ago; La física y las Berenjenas is about physics for the layman, and so on...
      See you,

      Delete
  2. i also like go to the cinema, i always go with my boyfriend and my cousins, we enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayleen,
      Nice to know you enjoy watching movies... Have you watched Big Fish?
      See you,

      Delete
  3. OOhhh !!! your father came from Europe after World War II ... this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matías,
      Those years were quite hard to many foreigners...
      See you,

      Delete
  4. It must be really lonely to grow up as a only child, when I was younger I did everything with my sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evelyn,
      I can't imagine myself with a brother or a sister... It would probably have been awesome...!
      See you,

      Delete
  5. I also like to go to the cinema and reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Javiera,
      I see you love Harry Potter (books and films?) and probably The lord of the rings...
      See you,

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Valentina,
      We are special people, don´t you think so?
      See you,

      Delete
  7. also I love the cinema and I always buy popcorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana,
      I enjoy films, but I never buy popcorns... perhaps some candies or soft drinks.
      See you,

      Delete
  8. I am only daughter too and i love it!. I like the history of your parents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Francisca,
      Nice to know you are happy with yourself...you are also special...
      See you,

      Delete
  9. i like the story of the wordl war II of your father :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matías,
      So many people came to America in search of a better life...!
      See you,

      Delete
  10. I love hanging out with my friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Víctor,
      Good, actual friends make the difference.
      See you,

      Delete
  11. what amazing the history of your parents

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like to read, What is your favorite book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graciela,
      From classic books as "The three musketeers" to science books for the layman, such as "La física de las Berenjenas" ...
      See you,

      Delete
  13. It´s very amazing history! the world war is very interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iván,
      Interesting but hard to withstand and understand.
      See you,

      Delete
  14. ohh it is very interesting that your father came from Europe after world war II and i also like go to cinema. Great your history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sebastián,
      Films create a new world in your mind...That's great...
      See you,

      Delete
  15. my mother's family comes from Chiloe too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carlos,
      It's a small world! Good people come from the South, don't you think so?
      See you,

      Delete
  16. nice post, which is your favorite movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nataly,
      There are many depending on the kind of movie... Big Fish; As good as it gets; The Shawshank Redemption; Sense and Sensibility; The river runs through it; Enemy of the State;.... and so on and on...
      See you,

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Hi Fabiana,
      I have had dogs, cats and parrots... In February 2017 died my last dear cat (she lived about 14 years)...
      See you,

      Delete
  18. I can't avoid say "owww!" when I read "There I met the girl of my life".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geraldine,
      What you say if I tell you that we were going out for about 8 years and then we decided to get married? ... and we are still together...?
      See you,

      Delete
  19. I am also the only daughter of the parents but now I have half-brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine,
      I hope you get on well with them... I can't imagine myself with another brother or sister....
      See you,

      Delete
  20. Oh, I have a cousin who lives in Belgium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tomás,
      Chileans are spread all over the world...It's a small world.
      See you,

      Delete
  21. your father fought during the WWII?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renato,
      He never told me about it...
      See you,

      Delete

  22. Woow! It's amazing all the time he's dedicated to teaching English at the faculty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth,
      It's incredible to me too....!!
      See you,

      Delete
  23. I also love movies especially those of terror!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karolay,
      Like "The Sixth Sense" or "It"?
      See you,

      Delete